December 15, 2004

Happy Holidays from Blatantly Subtle!

Happy Holidays! It's 80 in Burbank today!

We have just produced special edition copies of the movies featured in "Love, Lost & Sold," the screening held recently in New York. There is also talk of having a screening Los Angeles this spring!

First things first -- the special edition DVD of "How I Got Lost" includes special features like a commentary with me and Dominic (the sound designer), behind the scenes footage and outtakes, a slide show, and the trailer to the movie... All of which is overwhelming I'm sure. In any case a select few have been sent out to cast and crew. Enjoy them with eggnog or hard alcohol.

Also, we are mass producing these things, so let us know if you'd like a copy -- or a bunch of copies. The more copies that are out there the
better, as far as we're concerned.

In terms of the future for "How I Got Lost": I have sent it out to several festivals, including Tribeca, Firstglance Philadelphia, Sedona and South by Southwest. And I will continue to send it out for festivals through the season. We will hear from many of these festivals in February and March. I
am optimistic about the chances of having a modest festival run, and should it get in to a few, cast and crew are certainly encouraged to attend!

Finally, some breaking news: I recently got a job out here in LA as the Post-Production Supervisor for "The Great New Wonderful," an independent feature that was shot in New York, starring Maggie Gyllenhaal, Tony Shalhoub, Judy Greer and a few others -- so I'm going to be out here through most of Christmas and New Years, with a couple days in St. Louis. Then in January I'm going to Sundance, where I'll be directing traffic, watching movies and trying to talk to people about our movie.

If I don't get a chance to talk with you -- have a wonderful Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa season and don't get too hammered on New Year's Eve, or you'll have to do that whole "resolution" thing with a hangover, which is annoying enough on its own. On second thought, try to overdo it SO much that you will miss the ball dropping entirely. That's my technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment